Export data for archive or movement to another product

Sean Dunaj August 12, 2022

I like the atlassian products but the tech in me needs to know if there is an out. Is there a way to export the data to keep offline. If atlassian goes under, if another products fits our needs better, can I get my data out of the cloud in a readable format?

I got stuck with an outdated version of MS TFS and in order to pull any usable data out of it it was thousands of dollars in upgrades or a text and file dump to be manually imported into another application.

I just want to know what I'm getting the company into before i sign a life long contract.

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2022

Hi @Sean Dunaj , 

you have 2 options : 

• create a backup from Jira Cloud : this will have all your issues and the projects configurations (workflows, permissions, etc). However to get this imported into another tool, you'll need to have a connector (can be provided by the tool or created by you)
  • export issues from Jira : this is very simple as all the issue date (fields, assignee, attachments, etc) are exported in CSV that can be managed in Excel for example

You can have a look at the document for both here : https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/export-issues/

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Sean Dunaj August 12, 2022

Thank you for the quick response.

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2022

With our Excel exporter app, you can create any sort of Excel exports. The XLSX fileformat produced by it is reasonable for long-term storage for information.

You can find a selection of sample export here: https://www.midori-global.com/products/better-excel-exporter-for-jira/cloud/export-samples/

Suggest an answer