Export all issue workflow events as a single PDF output or single email message

Eric Gaffin February 12, 2021

We have developed a number of approval based workflows that required evidence (an audit trail) be captured for all steps in that specific issue. The ability to export the initial request, all approval steps and who approved or rejected a request, potentially any attachments (if possible) and the final result or completion step - all in a single piece of evidence (preferably a multi-page PDF) or a single email with all audit history in its body content and  supporting files attached.

I have not found a native method to accomplish this in a heavily regulated industry, such as ours, using Jira, but hoped a 3rd party add-on might have been used by others in the community to accomplish the above.

Greatly appreciate your input or solution for the above challenge we are facing.

2 answers

0 votes
Vladimir Horev _Raley_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2024

Hi @Eric Gaffin 

You can export all issue-related history (which includes status transitions) using our app Raley Emails Notifications.

The export can be either a PDF report or an email and this can be either triggered by a workflow transition or a scheduled one, based on CRON expression.

Please have a look at our wiki for details here.  

We as developers of this app can help you setting this up. 

Cheers,

Vladimir | RaleyApps

0 votes
Ferenc Nagy [Midori] February 12, 2021

Hi Eric,

I'm from Midori, developer of the Better PDF Exporter for Jira app.
I think your requirements could be fulfilled with it:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/5167/better-pdf-exporter-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview

Please open a ticket in our support desk to discuss the details.
https://midori.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Regards,
Ferenc

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events