Export Workflow and Issue Scheme to another Account in Cloud

Boyce Developer May 14, 2021

Can someone tell me if it's possible to export the custom workflow, issues, and screens I have spent a lot of time creating for my projects in one account to another?

I created them in my personal account and I find it very useful. Now my company has started using Jira on my request and I need to create those schemes again. I want to save time creating these again.

Is there anyway to export and import them? I don't want to import all the users/projects/issues. Only the schemes.

On another note, every time I create a project, it keeps creating it's own schemes. And I have to manually cleanup all the schemes when I change it to the custom one I already have. There's a lot of duplicates I need to cleanup. Is there anyway to quickly clean it up?

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2021

Hi @Boyce Developer,

Importing workflows into an existing cloud instance currently can only be done from the Atlassian Marketplace.

On the server platform there have always been a couple of marketplace apps to support the move of configurations between instances. There is also movement in that area on the cloud platform.

Adaptavist has released a first version of their Project Configurator app for cloud. In the documentation, you can already find an overview of what can be migrated (and what is not possible yet). An very useful page to keep track of.

Hope this helps! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events