Exclude clients from the standard plan and version history

Raunak Hajela May 31, 2021

I have 4 devs and 2 people from the client's team in the current project I am working on.

If I go with standard plan then I want to pay for the 4 devs but not for these 2 people from the client's team. Reason is, these 2 people will only comment on the tasks, browse project, and will only review tasks but they will not create, delete, update any task, issue, or sprint. It makes no sense that I pay the additional price for these 2 people along with the devs.

Is it possible in JIRA?
----

Is there any way I can see the Page History if any team member changes any setting, create any issue in JIRA, and so on? I am not talking about change log or version history w.r.t. the tasks and issues but in general. I want to monitor team activity on JIRA. We are currently new to JIRA, using a free plan, and planning to migrate for the standard plan.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2021

>these 2 people will only comment on the tasks, browse project, and will only review tasks 

A Jira user (that you have to provide a licence for) is, by definition, anyone who can log into the system and use it.  Exactly what they can or cannot do while logged in is not what determines if they are a user.  If they can log in, they're a user.

You will need to pay for them alongside all your other users who may be able to do more.

You can look at the activity streams for individuals or for the system as a whole to see general activity happening.

Raunak Hajela May 31, 2021

Isn't there a way I can give some sort of shareable link to the client, he can only view but do nothing. The thing is, if the client is not going to do anything only wants to see how we are progressing then it makes no sense that I pay for the additional user.

Suggest an answer