Exception Uncaught TypeError:cannot read property 'scrollheight' of undefined

Naveen Jacob March 24, 2019

I am getting the error message "Exception Uncaught TypeError:cannot read property 'scrollheight' of undefined" when I add an Epic.

3 answers

2 votes
Martin Orzaiz (Atlassian)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2019

Hey everyone,

We've tried to reproduce this issue on a local test instance of ours and we found that this is a bug that appears to happen when creating an epic from the backlog:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-20044

We recommend you to vote the issue so our devs can fix this bug and prioritise over other bugs, and to please watch the issue so you can get all updates on the bug. The bug will be fixed in accordance with our Server Bug Fix Policy

Apologies for the inconvenience on this!

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,
Martin

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2019

Thanks @Martin Orzaiz (Atlassian)! This is exactly what one of my developers ran into i'll keep an eye on the issue for when it gets fixed.

0 votes
Rajesh Kumar Reddy Guvvala June 7, 2019

I also facing this error in one of our Jira Projects in Backlog screen.

Workaround:
Move to other screens like Active Sprints, then create the issue/Epic, it works.

0 votes
Rambabu Patina _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2019

Hi @Naveen Jacob , Welcome to the community.

Please try Enable Safe mode and let us know if still, the problem persists. This is to make sure the error is not caused by any third party installed plugins.

BTW what is the Jira version.

Thanks,
Ram.

Hana Johnsoon May 4, 2019

I have the same problem.

Jira v8.1.0

An error occurredHide…

Please try refreshing the page, or contact your administrator / Atlassian Support if the problem continues.

Details

Environment

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/72.0.3626.121 Safari/537.36

Stack trace

Enrique Ruiz-Velasco May 16, 2019

I'm having this exact issue. Is there a fix for this?

I'm running JIRA version 8.1.0 on Ubuntu. 

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2019

Hi @Enrique Ruiz-Velasco ,

If you look at the first answer by @Martin Orzaiz (Atlassian) there is an open bug for this which you should watch and vote for. 

One of our developers found that to work around this issue just make sure you aren't creating epics from the backlog view of the sprint board and it should work fine.

Hope that helps!

-James

Suggest an answer