Exception: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'text' of undefined when moving items

Michał Rybiński March 18, 2019

Hi there,

Jira Server installation, self-hosted. 

It was: 7.1.13

I moved DB to a new PSQL server, copied JIRA_HOME and moved to different app server, installed most recent JIRA 8.0. It seemed to work ok.

AFTER CA 1 day of use on one of our projects (Kanban backlog + kanban board) I started to see following error, when moving stories between TODO and backlog sections in Kanban backlog view (see Details and stack trace below, 192.168.0.36 is internal LAN IP).

I assume it's some field config causing the issue but I just couldn't find which. Re-indexing, running with apps in 'safe-mode' (user installed language packs disabled) - nothing helped. It seems to occur only when Epic panel (left sidebar) is hidden.

Any hints how to workaround it? Report it somewhere else?

Details

Environment

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/72.0.3626.121 Safari/537.36

Stack trace

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 19, 2019

Hello Michał,

Happy to help you.

I think you might be running into the following bug:

You mentioned that you started to see the error, when moving stories between TODO and the backlog, so I think this sounds like your error.

Can you have a look at that bug and let me know if it sounds like your issue? If so, please vote on the bug, since it helps us to keep track of the number of users who are having this issue.

There is no current workaround for this bug, but it appears there is a fix that we are working on, and plan to release soon.

Regards,

Shannon

Michał Rybiński March 19, 2019

Hi @Shannon S 

Yep, that sounds exactly like the issue I'm experiencing. I've upvoted the issue. and added link to this particular question in comment.

It's pretty annoying, as we heavily rely on Kanban backlog, kanplan and epic-story structure for our dev team.

Thanks for pointing in the right direction!

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 19, 2019

Michał,

I'm glad to hear at least we know what bug is causing your issue. Fingers crossed that we see that resolved soon!

Take care, and have a pleasant rest of your week.

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
SK1975 March 22, 2022
  1. Shut down your Jira.
  2. Run the following SQL query in your Jira's database to enable the disabled Jira Software module:
    update pluginstate set pluginenabled = 'true' where pluginkey = 'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-rapid-browser-metrics';
  3. Restart your Jira and check if the board/report can be accessed without any error.
0 votes
Daeho Ro March 23, 2019
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 1, 2019

Daeho,

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear you've caught the bug too. I had a peek at the bug ticket I sent Michał earlier, and it appears they have a fix, which is waiting for release. It looks like you can expect that in 8.1.0.

Still, it wouldn't hurt for you to vote on the bug and make sure you're watching it. That way, you can be updated as soon as the release is available.

Thank you so much for your feedback.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer