Every time I open Jira, I get the following error: "An error occurred
Please try refreshing the page, or contact your administrator / Atlassian Support if the problem continues."
Here is the stack trace:
I just found another user that had this same error in Jira Software, and he realized it was due to a browser extension, such as Grammarly.
Can you confirm you have this problem on all browsers and with all add-ons disabled, and in Incognito Mode?
Thank you for your response. It seems to be as a result of my browser extensions, and I actually also have Grammarly installed as an extension.
Opening in incognito mode with all add-ons disabled gets rid of the issue. After disabling Grammarly, the problem disappears in normal browser.
We have the same issue on our Chrome browser and we don't have "Grammarly" installed as extension. Can you please tell us what else could be the issue ?
We observed different error messages while opening the same link in different browsers except in IE.
It may be a different issue in that case. Any extensions might cause the issue. Do you have the same issue with all extensions disabled and in Incognito Mode?
Could you show me your whole stack trace and confirm your browser version numbers that have the issue?
We have only two extensions in Chrome, one is "Cisco Webex" and the other one is "Symantec Extension". Both these are not enabled for incognito. But still I get the same error when opened in incognito mode.
I am attaching the error screens from both Chrome and Firefox. Hope this helps.
Thank you for confirming.
I know sometimes in Incognito mode some add-ons remain enabled even though it looks like they're disabled, so you may want to double-check that.
Failing that, I would recommend trying Safe Mode in Jira and see if an add-on isn't causing that.
If none of this works, then we will need to raise a support ticket for you so we can look at your log files.
I am unaware if the issue itself has been reported to Grammarly, but we have a feature request here for official support with Grammarly:
The error in particular is mentioned on this knowledge base article. I neglected to post this earlier:
Let me know if you have any questions about that.
This is happening since we changed the Base URL in JIRA. We used to have Server name in the base URL and we changed that to domain name. Users started getting this issue when they open any agile dashboard. So, once we reverted the changes to make the base URL back to server name, we are not seeing this issue. Is this something you heard of before ?
Can you check something for me while your base URL is set to the domain?
The cause of this was an add-on installed in the browser. You can disable all add-ons in your browser, try Incognito Mode, and finally try clearing your cache and see if the issue persists.
If you still have issues, please feel free to Contact Support, or you can raise a new question here. This question here is about a year old so by creating a new ticket you'll ensure that we'll be able to see it to help you out.
From your 2nd reply, it seems that you might have a question about the Jira Security Advisory.
I would recommend reviewing my colleague Andrew's post below, and then raise a new question from the link he provided there if you have any questions.
If you have a question about it, click this link to ask a question:
Project managers know this problem: A “mountain of work” lays in front of you, and you don’t know how and where to tackle them. Different to-dos lie ahead, but just one task after the other can be ha...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events