Exception: Error: Permission denied to access property "apply" on Docker depoloyment

Mark Reid
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 26, 2019

I'm trying to run Jira on my personal server using the atlassian/jira-software docker image. Setup goes well, but when trying to access my boards I get the error "Exception: Error: Permission denied to access property "apply"". Other than the error, only the top and sidebar show. I'm using postgres 9.6 in another docker container. So far I have tried reinstalling and using different versions of postgres.

Untitled.png

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 28, 2019

Hi Mark,

I have not yet seen this specific error message yet, nor have I been able to find any other cases yet that relate to Jira throwing this error.   Could you let us know some more information about this error, such as:

1. What browser are you using here? (Firefox, Chrome, IE, etc)
  2. What version of that browser?
  3. Have you try to access this Jira site using a private/incognito mode browser?
  4. What version of Jira Software was installed by this docker image?  My understanding is that this docker has a few different package version numbers that can be installed

I have seen similar errors in the past in relation to boards.  Sometimes it can be a bug in the product, but just as often I have seen this caused by other 3rd party plugins to Jira.   Perhaps it might help to see what other plugins might be installed to Jira.  If this is a brand new install, it might be you don't have any, but it's worth checking out to see if it might be a factor.

I'd like to try to recreate this specific error so I can try to learn more about it.  Please let me know the answers to those questions and if you have any other environmental details that might help here.

Thanks

Andy

Mark Reid
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 28, 2019

Hi Andy,

I hadn't considered that it may be a browser issue. I'm using Firefox 68.0.2, and it appears that the extension from https://burnermail.io/ was causing the issue. I have disabled said extension and I no longer see the error. My Jira version is 8.3.2 in case you're still curious.

Thank you very much for your help,

Mark.

Like Andy Heinzer likes this
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 29, 2019

Awesome, thanks for posting back with your solution Mark. 

Suggest an answer