Excel Jira Plugin. Error in connection "No valid plugin Found..."

Victor Garcia Garcia January 27, 2021

I've just installed Jira Excel plugin, and when I test the connection, appears this message

Connection Succeeded:

"No valid plugin found. Please test the connection in the settings."

I'm 100% sure that path, user and password are corrects. 

My Excel are "Office 365 MSO (16.0.11929.20978) 32 bits"

Thank you

4 answers

0 votes
Hai Yen Nguyen March 21, 2023

Did you resolve this issue? 

I got same issue. 
My excel is:  2016 MSO (16.0.4266.1001) 64-bit

My Jira:  Jira Server/Data center 

0 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 13, 2021

The issue could simply be that your Office 365 is not compatible. Atlassian announced that their Excel import solution is only compatible with Office 365 from version 1904. In this case you would need to update to a newer Office version.

An alternative to this is a native Jira Cloud app that doesn't rely on Microsoft's infrastructure like Better Excel Exporter for Jira Cloud.

jira-cloud-issue-navigator-better-excel-exporter-menu.png

(Please note that I'm part of the Midori team working on Better Excel Exporter.)

0 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 12, 2021

@Victor Garcia Garcia , @Andreu Garcia did you manage to solve this issue with Jira Cloud for Excel?

Andreu Garcia October 12, 2021

We work with an on-premises instance.

I think Jira Cloud only works with SaaS services, right?

Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
October 13, 2021

I don't know what you mean by "only works with SaaS services".

You can use Jira in different deployment types: Server, Data Center and Cloud, depending on your needs and what your company or regulatory environment allows you to use. I'm sorry if it's not news, I might have misunderstood something.

Because of major differences between the different platforms apps also come with different features and capabilities. 

0 votes
Andreu Garcia August 5, 2021

Same problem here. 

Suggest an answer