*Exact* search in text field

Guenter Huber
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2012
Hoped to get an answer for this comment on the doc page, but since it s two days I try my luck here:
Doc says:
comment ~ "\"My PC is quite old\""
returns exactly that phrase is sort of an overstatement.
When I saw this statement I thought I had found a way to find / escape square brackets (or other special characters like hyphens or colons, - or not that special ones like underscores) - to no avail.
Experienced and seasoned (wink) people in the company think they can remember they once could find something like "[UEM]" in the summary field, but can t repro it (with any conceivable escape seq) in JIRA 4.3.4.
I had at least hoped the_underscore would be no exception - or an exception to the exception of special chars. <g>
Thx for any insight
PS: Consolidate your logins! I got three now: Answers, Confluence and JIRA test
PPS: I think I subed the newsletter, but still got a mail that forced it upon me - not to be considered as a bot.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2012

Hi,

there's an open issue for that: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-25092

Best regards

Thomas

Guenter Huber
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2012

Thanks, Thomas, for the quick reply!

So, the bug has been filed almost a year ago! (July 2011) <sigh>

At least I can tell our seniors (30 - 40 <g>) they are not (yet) growing senile. <g> Once upon a time it must have worked... Any idea if / when the tale might end?

Cheers
G.

Suggest an answer