Estimation _ story points

Mareh April 21, 2020

Hi, 

I started using JIRA software  just recently. The project type is business Project. 

I want to add story points estimation to tasks , I do have time tracking in configure fields but would like to add story points as well. I have checked this >>>  https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/configure-estimation-and-tracking/  . But I cant find Board Settings as described in the article.  Maybe because it is business project type? How can I add in this case ? 

Hope for your help. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2020

Hello @Mareh 

You need to add the story to the screen scheme used by your project.

Go to your project>project settings>Screens, clic on the pen to edit the screen, clic then on the screen name (you may have several screen, one by action maximum) add the story point to your screen.

Hope this helps

Mareh April 21, 2020

Hello @Mohamed Benziane , 

Done!  Thank you so much for response , very helpful!  Automatically updated in all STORY issues. 

In case of TASK issues - it is visible in Configure>>>Context Fields list but does not appear in task itself. Any help on this? 

Again Thanks a lot. 

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2020

Context field allow you specify in wich issuetype and project the field will be visible. So you need to add the issuetype task in the context field. Make sure that it also in your screen scheme

Like Mareh likes this
Mareh April 30, 2020

Hi @Mohamed Benziane , 

I actually had it in Screen scheme and in context fields as well. Still did not appear in TASK type tasks. 

Than I have checked in Custom Fields Story Points where associated only with ISSUE and EPIC type . So I changed configuration from Story points Configure and assigned to Task Types as well. Now it works ))) 

Thanks for your Help! 

Capture gg.PNG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events