Error with mail

sistemas February 19, 2024

Translator

Hi!! I have this issue ans i would like to knowk if someone can help me:

Se encontró un error mientras se manejaban mensajes del servidor de correo "POP Mail Server" usando el manejador "class com.atlassian.jira.plugins.mail.handlers.NonQuotedCommentHandler".

it was working until now

1 answer

0 votes
Mohanraj Thangamuthu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2024

Hello, Good day. Are you using Jira cloud or Jira server version ?

This error is noticed on incoming mail handler ?. Could share a screenshot of the error message ?

sistemas February 20, 2024

Translator

I already solved that error but not the way I wanted. If I respond to Jira, the recipient receives an email saying you have a comment. The from is XXX@XXXX.atlassian.net. If you reply to that email, it does not send it, it gives an error (Delivery Status Notification (Failure)

[No suele recibir correo electr?nico de bounce@atlassian.net. Descubra por qu? esto es importante en https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification ])

But if you put jira@xxxx.atalassian.net and it does allow you to add the comment.

Mohanraj Thangamuthu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2024

Hello, thanks for the update. Looks like you don't have the default mail handler.

Screenshot 2024-02-20 at 6.07.26 PM.png

Go to Settings >> System >> Incoming mail. Check if above mail server is present. If not create default mail handler as per : https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/create-issues-and-comments-from-email/. This should help adding comment by responding to notification email.

Translator

hello! I have tried to add the same thing that you tell me but when I add it the page loads and it is not added. Could you tell me what it could be?

Translator

The screen remains with a gray background and does not add anything

Mohanraj Thangamuthu
Atlassian Team
February 20, 2024

Hello, Could you add a screenshot of the current settings from settings >> system >> Incoming mail.

sistemas February 21, 2024

Translator

Hi!! yes of course, As I told you, I tried to add what you told me but when you add it the screen turns gray and it is not added.add.png

Mohanraj Thangamuthu
Atlassian Team
February 21, 2024

Could you check the browser logs when you try to save the settings? I would like to know if there is any specific error message.

sistemas February 22, 2024

Translator

Hi!! I have seen it and there is nothing strange. I have tried 3 different browsers and all 3 stay the same.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events