Error when deleting a user with BulkOps app

Dan Morgan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 13, 2022

I've installed the BulkOps app and set up an account, configured the API key etc.  All looks good, but if I pick a user's Atlassian Account ID and try to delete it, I get the following error:

Error! Unable to delete user as we encountered a blocker.

Any ideas?

I've also tried with another user and it's reporting that it's deleted them but they're still showing up under the Directory in the same way.

1 answer

0 votes
Carlos Faddul
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2022

Hi @Dan Morgan 

Are you using the correct format in CSV file ?

accountId displayName
3265fgwefswdasasdas User Display Name Example 01
5346776gfsfsa365432dfs User Display Name Example 02
Dan Morgan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 14, 2022

Hi @Carlos Faddul , thanks for the reply, yep, I've got it set up like that but what's weird is that in the audit log it's showing some successful entries, but the total number of users under the Directory hasn't changed?

Also, some of them are showing errors in the audit log like "Cannot delete user because x issues were reported by this person", any idea what I can do there?  I also get the original error trying to delete that user as a one off via BulkOps.

Thanks in advance!

Carlos Faddul
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2022

Hi @Dan Morgan , in this case

"Also, some of them are showing errors in the audit log like "Cannot delete user because x issues were reported by this person", any idea what I can do there? I also get the original error trying to delete that user as a one off via BulkOps."

I can suggest to try to get some users to delete (that have a few issues) assignee to another user (that will not be deleted), so can you change the assignee and trying to delete this user (after the user dont have any more issue assign to him), then using Bulk Ops, maybe you can delete the user.

However, the app only delete the user and not disable the user. For good practices, it would be right to disable the user, exactly so as not to lose the history of what he did.

In the Tutorial Page of add-on, there is no information about your case. Maybe in the Support ticket of add-on they can get you more information

I hope I helped you.

If this post was helpful, mark it as "Accept Answer" , so you can help others who may have the same difficulties.

If your question has not been resolved, please post again with more details.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events