Error message on left hand panel in Jira

xavari duberry April 26, 2024

Hi all,

When my colleague tries to access a project board on Jira she is greeted by this error message on the left hand panel. We have attempted the following 

• Disabled Gzip in developers tool
  • Disable account 
  • Created a new account 
  • Cleared Cache 

The issue still remains no matter what browser is being used i.e chrome/edge

Please could you advise. Capture.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2024

Is she the only user experiencing this? Can she access any project? If you are the admin can you log in as her and attempt?

xavari duberry April 26, 2024

Yes she is the only user in the business experiencing this and she is able to access the entire portfolio of projects including project boards but unable to view the left hand panel on any of those projects, items such as  backlog, Kanban board etc are not visible.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2024

I would investigate the Permissions under project settings to ensure she is in fact in a role that allows her access.

xavari duberry April 30, 2024

Hi, This has been checked on the project she is allocated and she does in fact have the correct permission. I have also checked her account and she does have the correct permissions but still has the issue.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 30, 2024

Here would be my advised steps.

1. log in as the user and attempt to access project. if you see the same error and are absolutely sure they have permissions then contact Atlassian support.
  2. have the user try a different browser. I don't believe that. That's the problem here but it is always something it's easy to check.
  3. bottom line if all else fails, you will need Atlassian support to login and assess the situation. Should you do this step please post the results here for other users to benefit.
xavari duberry May 2, 2024

Hi,

I have logged in as the user and did not receive the same error message. The user has attempted both Chrome and Edge and has had the same error message appear. Is there anything else you are able to advice or would it be wise to look into step number 3?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 2, 2024

It would be interesting for them to attempt logging in using an entirely different PC. Other things to investigate would be any Browser extensions. They might also try clearing cache on their browsers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events