Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Error in Editing Assignee Field

Edited

So I have an automation that sets an Assignee value. However, I've been receiving errors lately that says:

Action details:
ISSUE CONDITION
The following issues passed:
FRC-812

Inactive user
607ccafede344000716a9857
No fields or field values to edit for issues (could be due to some field values not existing in a given project):
FRC-812
The user that's being set as the Assignee is NOT inactive. I can do the assignment manually. What is wrong with this?

2 answers

0 votes
John M Funk Community Leader Jun 02, 2022

Hey Jay,

I would check the permission scheme for the project to see if anything has changed with it. Make sure the atlassian-addons has permission to assign users. Also make sure the user you are trying to assign it to has assignable issue permissions. 

If all of that checks out, add an audit check to your rule to see what value is returning. 

0 votes
Clark Everson Community Leader May 31, 2022

Hi @Jay Fernandez 

Who is the actor of the rule? If you can make the change but the one taking action on the role isn't you but is a bot or something they may or may not have permissions to assign

Alternatively, trying changing who you are assigning the rule to and see if it's only with that user or all people.

Best,

Clark

The actor is Automation for Jira.

I deleted the automation and rewrote it. Now it works. Must be a bug in the system.

Hmmm.. after a few executions, the problem is back. This is definitely a bug in the system.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,347 views 35 44
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you