Error creating project, XSRF check failed

admin admin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2019

When I first start my server, and 'Create a new project', I select Project management, but I am unable to proceed, as this error occurs regardless of what I input into the boxes;

Error creating project, XSRF check failed

The environment is as follows;

Jira server 7.12.3

It is running with a built-in/demo database

Any help that gets this out-of-the-way will be well appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2019

Dear @admin admin ,

this error is common, when using the REST API and one missed to set the right HTTP header information. In your case it's the browser that should send this headers. Most probably those headers are blocked somehow.

Follow this article to get more insights.

So long

Thomas

admin admin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2019

Hi Thomas,

This is occurring during initial configuration of the Jira server, though I may have skipped configuration of the server.xml file, I will review and get back to you.

Suggest an answer