Epic report on dashboard

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2014

Hi All

I want to view my epic report on my dashboard.

In case this is not possible, i want to be able to view the progress (i.e. remaining estimates) on epics on my dashboard.

How is this possible?

Rahul

9 answers

1 vote
Amit Gupta June 22, 2021

I am looking for the same. Any suggestion here?

1 vote
Luther Hargrove
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2014

You have to create a filter on the issues tab. Once you have the issues you want to see in the filter, you can save it. Then on the dashboard you create a gadget and select 'Filter Results'. Select the filter you just created and the columns you want to see.

0 votes
Gurvinder Sandhhu April 17, 2019

I use the following query:

project = "project name" AND Sprint in (openSprints(), futureSprints()) AND "Epic Link " in (Epic name) ORDER BY Epic Link ASC

You can use EPIC Link or EPIC Name based on what field you use in your project.  You can then use the Issue Statistics Gadget or a Two Dimensional Filter Statistics gadget to get the dashboard view.

Marino Poletine June 28, 2019

Still not exactly what I was looking for, but very close. The bars on the statistic gadget shows the total of tickets, but not the percentage of them that it was completed.
Pretty shitty of Jira to force us into another paid plugin to get this simple functionality when we already pay so much

Like Richard Smart likes this
Sreedevi Nair July 26, 2019

I created a filter first to  get a list of all the epics required and then in the dashboard, used the 'Rich Filter Statistics' gadget to display both the number of issues as well as % completion.

Ashley Powell July 30, 2019

@Sreedevi Nair I don't see a gadget titled "Rich Filter Statistics". Are you on the cloud or server version?

Sreedevi Nair August 8, 2019

@Ashley Powell , I am on the Server Version (7.6)

John Maguire May 11, 2020

"XYZ filter/ABC report is a paid plugin" must be the most common last post in all of Jira forums. I was looking for exactly this same thing - since it's such a frequently visible part of Epics in the main tool, it must be possible to pull Epic % Progress into the Dashboard I thought to myself. But nope, no way, unless you go buy yet another blob of software. 

Like # people like this
Karishma Khanna July 22, 2020

Agreed. It is such a basic feature and yet Jira forces you to pay for it separately. This should be integrated and provided within the licence cost.

Like # people like this
Anyes outlook April 23, 2021

Totally agree most of JIRA users organise work around epics. Why on earth you cannot select epic link in the two dimensional gadget that is out of the box

Like Armando likes this
0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2018

also have a look at Epic Sum Up and Sum Up For Jira

Joyce Fee February 10, 2021

Looks like you have to pay for that gadget--not part of Atlassian JIRA

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2021

that is correct. i think there is a Lite free version. Check the marketplace.

0 votes
TomB March 23, 2018

EazyBI can probably do something like this for you. It is quite flexible, but may require some advanced chops to get what you want. I would add that I don't think there's any way to get it to display as a gadget in a Jira Dashboard. It has its own dashboard functionality.

0 votes
Scott Marshall November 28, 2016

This seems to be the only thing I can find .

http://brokenbuild.net/products/agile-reports-for-jira/

Any other plugins exist ? 

0 votes
Matti Larborn June 13, 2016

I have the same issue. Apparently no one has found a solution in over two years... smile

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2014

any suggestions guys...?

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 4, 2014

Hi Luther

Thanks for your response. However, if i use filter results gadget, the sigma(estimates) fields does not take into account the stories that are within that epic, so filter results does not solve my problem.

Rahul

Suggest an answer