Epic color: Change the color of an epic in roadmap seems to have disappeared

Peter Beck January 8, 2020

Hi everyone,

Im using a next gen project (and have been for months) with the roadmap feature turned on. I noticed today that the "Epic Colour" option is gone. Does anyone know if its been removed or moved to an option set? 

We have a bunch of colour sensitive staff who will not be happy if the features gone. I cant even change the existing epics in the road map.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2020

We have tracked the issue down and verified its related to a progressive fix release. The rollout has been stopped and we will review internally.

Thank you for raising the support ticket @Peter Beck 

Peter Beck January 9, 2020

I can confirm its back. Thanks for chasing it up.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Júlia Garcia Casas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 28, 2022

Hi all!

I follow the open thread because the same thing happens to me as to Peter or Mike. I can't change the color of epics that are displayed with bars on the Roadmap.
I have looked at the jira tutorials and even on the tour home page there is an explanation where the bars are of different colors.
Do you know the solution or if I'm looking at the wrong configuration?

Thanks a lot!epic sin color.jpg

0 votes
PK
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2020

Hi,
I understand that when you click on the epic, it opens up the epic details in the right hand sidebar. Right beside the description of the epic, you should see the option for changing the color.

tempsnip.png

Nope. Not there anymore. I do understand that that's where it WAS … as ive been using it until today.

Ive tested it in Chrome, Edge, Edge beta and Safari and chrome on ipad and phone.

Ewa Mryczko January 9, 2020

I have the same situation. I hope this is a bug and the feature will be back soon.

Benjamin Morgan
Atlassian Team
January 9, 2020

Can you please look at raising a support case at https://support.atlassian.com/ which will allow us to investigate further to see what is happening.

You can mention this question in your ticket which will help us investigate.

Peter Beck January 9, 2020

Support ticket JST-541194 created.

Like # people like this
Benjamin Morgan
Atlassian Team
January 9, 2020

Thank you, we've taken a look and this should be working now.

Like # people like this
Mike June 2, 2020

The color change option was available... and as of an hour ago it disappeared!

I see your post from Jan 9 that it should be working, and indeed it was. But as of today, June 3, it's suddenly not available. See attached screenshots.

- Mike

Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 1.46.08 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-02 at 1.45.37 PM.png

Peter Beck June 2, 2020

Jira colour.PNG

Its still showing up OK for me this morning

Like Mike likes this
Peter Beck June 2, 2020

I have never used backlog so turned it on to see this morning to see. I have the same screen shot but I dont know if it's meant to show the colours.Jira colour 2.PNG

Mike June 2, 2020

Hmm... I think I was looking in the wrong place. Peter, thanks! ok, yes it's working.

Suggest an answer