Epic Progress not updating

Dan Runion June 2, 2022

I have multiple stories in my Epics and some are in Done status.  We are tracking story point estimates in the Story Point field.  For some reason the % Done is not updating on the Epic and I can't figure out why.  Does anyone have any ideas that I could check?  

1 answer

0 votes
Patty Land
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2022

A few questions:

1. Where are you seeing the % done; on the epic panel in the scrum board, or somewhere else?

2. Are you completing the stories from the scrum board, and if so, is your done column all the way on the right of the board? If you check your sprint burndown report, does it show the stories as completed?

Dan Runion June 6, 2022

1. No I'm not seeing Epic % done anywhere.  
2. Yes the Done column is all the way to the right of the Active Sprint board.  

One thing that is strange is that if I run a filter for stories in the project where status in (....).  Jira will suggest two different done status:  Done, and Dont/Ready for Deployment.  

We don't have "Done", in our workflow, rather we call it "Done/Ready for Deployment."  My workflow does not have a status = "Done" and I do not have any tickets that have that status either.  Not sure if this is related but it's confusing 

Patty Land
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2022

Dan, could you perhaps screenshot where you are expecting to see the Epic % Done populating? I'm wondering if this is a custom scripted field or something in your instance.

In the boards, the % will populate on the epic panel based on the estimate in the board configuration (in your case, you'd want to make sure you're using story points as the estimate in your board, rather than issue count). The status name doesn't matter, as long as your Done/Ready for Deployment status has a status category of done (in Jira there are only three status categories - To Do, In Progress, and Done - and custom statuses must still be mapped to one of these three).

Dan Runion June 13, 2022

image.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events