Epic Link filter not working anymore

Kulagin Ilya June 1, 2022

Hi everyone in the community,

I saw some messages that Epic Link is going to be deprecated and that there's nothing to worry about, however all tasks in our Jira projects are assigned certain epics and now I'm trying to run a report of all Done tasks for a certain Epic name, and I can not do it. Previously I used the advanced filter and selected my Epic name with the Epic Link filter and now it's not working. So how can I do it now?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Ilya

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2022

Hi @Kulagin Ilya  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Have you tried changing out Epic Link for Parent? 

@John Funk Hi John, what do you mean by changing the Epic Link to Parent? If I use a Parent filter instead of the Epic Link filter I don't see any Epics there, so I still cannot filter them by Epic names. Or what steps should I do to change the Epic Link for Parent?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2022

What does your filter look like?

Ryan June 1, 2022

If you were using the JQL "Epic Link" = BUG-123 then you should change it to "Parent" = BUG-123.

Like John Funk likes this

Epic link cannot be selected.

image.png

Parent doesn't show our Epics:

image.png

Here are our Epic names:

image.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 1, 2022

See Ryan's comment for the filter. 

@Ryan If I understand it right my Epic link is this:

image.png

But when I try to use a JQL search I have an error:

image.png

Ryan June 1, 2022

You'll just want to do "Parent" = VSF-117. You won't need the rest.

It won't autocomplete, but I assume that's a bug that needs to be fixed with this change over.  

Okey, it works like:

image.png

How can I add the tickets' status and the Order by value?

I tried this one:

image.png

And it works for me :) Thanks @Ryan & @John Funk for your help, it will really save a lot of my time while doing reports!

Ryan June 1, 2022

You can add that in as normal with AND and Order by after that statement.  

If you want it similar to your previous search that you posted, it'd be

"Parent" = VSF-117 and statusCategory = Done order by updated DESC

Like Kulagin Ilya likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2022

Glad that worked for you. Thanks for jumping in @Ryan !

Ryan June 2, 2022

I saw the post just as I was looking for why I was running into nearly the same issue.  

0 votes
Ryan June 1, 2022

Parent will work, but it won't list Epics in the Parent drop down.  You'll have to enter the issue key manually.

Hi Ryan, thank you for your reply, please let me know the steps I need to do to  enter the issue keys.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events