Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Epic Link field option missing under Jira Linked Field list in ProForma-- any workaround?

Edited

Bit of context: Setting up a couple forms for easier issue generation and within my team's project we're requiring epic links for a majority of the issue types. 

I've had no issues linking other ProForma fields to existing & custom Jira fields, but when navigating through the Linked Jira Field list in the ProForma form builder, there is no option for epic link. 

The Epic Link field is present in the issue type this form is associated with, and I've tried the steps outlined here: https://docs.thinktilt.com/proforma/Linking-ProForma-Fields-to-Jira-Fields.1574273169.html to no avail.

I've also investigated the automation options within ProForma to see if there is a way to pre-set the epic link field upon issue creation but in-app automation options are fairly limited.

Has anyone run into a similar issue / is there a workaround for this? As it currently stands since one required field isn't showing up as a linkable option the entire form can't be submitted.

1 answer

1 vote
John Funk Community Leader Dec 22, 2021

Hi Chelsea - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What type of project is this? Company-managed? Team-managed? Jira Work Management? Jira Service Management?

Hey John-- thanks for the welcome, it's a Team-managed project. I'm in the process of trying to migrate issues & forms from a Service Management project into this Team-managed one and the above issue is one of the hurdles I'm facing. 

John Funk Community Leader Dec 22, 2021

Ah, suspected as much. Team-managed projects do not use the Epic Link. See if you can find the Parent field - that is what is used instead. 

Ah I see, thank you! I'll follow-up with my Jira Admin to see if they can let me know what that Parent field is. 

Once it's been determined, I should be able to link the ProForma field to the Parent field and that would satisfy the epic link requirement right? Or would it be changing the Epic Link requirement to a requirement for the Parent field and then linking that field in ProForma?

John Funk Community Leader Dec 23, 2021

To be honest, I have not used team-managed projects much. And definitely have not tried with the parent field with Forms like this. 

All good, your input has been super helpful-- still waiting to hear back from my admin, but I'll update this incase anyone else runs into a similar issue. Thanks again and happy holidays!

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Do you use Jira Cloud with Microsoft Teams?

Hi, Jira users! Do you use Jira alongside Microsoft Teams? We want to hear how you’ve used the power of Jira Cloud and Microsoft Teams (via the Jira Cloud for Microsoft Teams app) to achieve a team...

471 views 3 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you