Epic Card Closed Linked Issues Still Open

Diane Horner
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 27, 2024

I have a couple of cards on my Kanban board I am trying to move through the workflow but cannot move to In Progress.  This is a clean-up project of old cards, the work has been done the cards were just never moved to Done.  I clicked on the Epic on one of the cards and found where my open card is listed as an Issue on the Epic card.  The problem is the Epic card was moved to Done and the my cards were not.  I cannot change the status of the Epic card and I believe that may be what is preventing me from moving the other cards to a Done state as well.  Is there a way out of this loop that I am stuck in? Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Diane Horner
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 27, 2024

I found my own fix.  The Epic card uses a different workflow than my two cards that were linked to it. If I remove the Epic label from the cards then I can move my cards through the workflow without an issue.  We'll be using the workflow we have now for all of our cards moving forward so I shouldn't run into this again. Just wanted to share what I found.

Suggest an answer