Epic Burndown Chart: Missing Story

Jeffrey Luna May 8, 2020

Hi JIRA experts,

We have 3 stories status - done, sprint - completed, linked to epic, but I am not able to see 1 of them in the epic burndown chart. I would like to ask what is the possible cause why 1 of the story is missing in the epic burndown chart. 

Edit: REW-598 is a clone from another story

Epic Burndown Chart (REW-598 is missing)image.png

Sprint Report

image.png

Thanks,

Jeffrey

3 answers

1 vote
Wade Tracy _Boise_ ID_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2020

I just ran into something similar and from my tests, it would appear that there is a bug where if you add an issue to the epic during creation, it will not display in the Epic Burndown.  Even if you then remove the issue from the epic and add it again, it still doesn't show up in the report.

What's funny is if you Google it, you get these results:

Capture.PNG

Which clearly shows that there were 2 issues created regarding this issue, but when you click on the link, it forwards you to the Cloud version instead:

15944 was closed as a duplicate of 15938 which was just closed with some links to what appears to be internal resources back in 2016.  In any case, it appears to be a problem and I was in the process of contacting support when I found this post.

Wade

Jeffrey Luna June 16, 2020

Thank you for sharing your tests Wade. Hope Atlassian will give us some workaround or resolution regarding on this.

Thanks,

Jeffrey

Piotr Wegert August 11, 2020

@Wade Tracy _Boise_ ID_ did Atlassian provide some kind of reply to this? I just came across the same problem. When an epic is assigned during issue creation the issue will not be included in the Epic Report. I also noticed that there is no entry of the epic assignment in the Issue History pane which might be the root cause of this problem if the report is keying off issue history entries.

0 votes
Jeffrey Luna May 11, 2020

I also want to ask why there's no chart is seen. Even we estimated the issues in the backlog. Is that because there's no sprint completed yet?image.pngimage.png

0 votes
Danny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2020

Hello @Jeffrey Luna

Just to clarify and this is a stupid question, REV-598 does have the Epic Link to it, correct?

Thanks,

Danny

Jeffrey Luna May 9, 2020

Correct. It has an epic link same in the two stories stated above.

I noticed that once I clone the original story, it carries the epic link. But it seems that it will not be added in the burndown chart because the original story is already there.

Thanks,

Jeffrey

Danny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2020

Thanks @Jeffrey Luna

What is the board's filter that you are viewing this report from? 

Do you have an duplicate statuses such as Done?

Thanks,

Danny 

Jeffrey Luna May 10, 2020

Hello Danny,

Board's filter: project = REW AND Type != ZTest ORDER BY Rank ASC

We have a plugin zephyr. The filter will show all issue types except zephyr test.

No, we don't have duplicate statuses.

Thanks,

Jeffrey

Suggest an answer