Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Enable Backlog in Company-Managed Scrum Software Project

I have created a new company-managed scrum software project, and in searching documentation it seems I have to enable the Backlog since it's not appearing. (Why would this not be the default for scrum project? But I digress...)

The only documentation I can find is for team-managed projects, which says go to Project Settings then select "Features". The Features option does not exist in my project, probably because it's company-managed, but I cannot find any instructions for enabling the dad gum backlog and sprints for my company-managed project.

Can anyone help? TIA

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Jun 24, 2021

Go to your project board click on the… And select board settings then columns and share a screen shot

0 votes

Company-managed projects are a little less tightly tied to the boards than team-managed, and backlogs are part of the board, not the project.

When you create a Company-managed project and select Scrum or Kanban, you'll get a default board of that type.  A scrum board is always made up of two parts - the backlog and the active-sprint board.  All you need to do is jump on to the board and the backlog should be the first thing you see.

Thanks for your reply!  I actually fixed my problem by creating a project and NOT selecting the "user another project's settings" this time. Now the Backlog appears in the left column where I expected it, where I can see and create multiple sprints just like in all our other projects.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

👁‍🗨 Confluence Team planning dashboard_Atlympics 🌈

Hi Atlassian's, How is your journey with #Atlympics 2021 so far....excited! Me too, same excitement. Here's my typical team planning and vision dashboard which I used to share to my management and ...

46 views 1 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you