Enable Backlog in Company-Managed Scrum Software Project

Rachel O'Steen June 24, 2021

I have created a new company-managed scrum software project, and in searching documentation it seems I have to enable the Backlog since it's not appearing. (Why would this not be the default for scrum project? But I digress...)

The only documentation I can find is for team-managed projects, which says go to Project Settings then select "Features". The Features option does not exist in my project, probably because it's company-managed, but I cannot find any instructions for enabling the dad gum backlog and sprints for my company-managed project.

Can anyone help? TIA

3 answers

0 votes
Leigh Yeh May 6, 2022

I had this question too, so I wanted to write out how I fixed it in case anyone else was wondering! I selected a Kanban board for my project. I went to the little three dots (...) on the top right hand corner of the board, selected Board Settings, then went into Columns. From there, if you drag the Backlog status into the Kanban Backlog section on the left hand side, it will create a Backlog for you in your board!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2021

Company-managed projects are a little less tightly tied to the boards than team-managed, and backlogs are part of the board, not the project.

When you create a Company-managed project and select Scrum or Kanban, you'll get a default board of that type.  A scrum board is always made up of two parts - the backlog and the active-sprint board.  All you need to do is jump on to the board and the backlog should be the first thing you see.

Rachel O'Steen June 24, 2021

Thanks for your reply!  I actually fixed my problem by creating a project and NOT selecting the "user another project's settings" this time. Now the Backlog appears in the left column where I expected it, where I can see and create multiple sprints just like in all our other projects.

Nukri Tusishvili
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 15, 2024

I had the same issue with Kanban board. I created now scrum board and backlog is working there regularly. Its appearing in the sidebar

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2021

Go to your project board click on the… And select board settings then columns and share a screen shot

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events