Empty issueType.name in lookupissues smartvalue

Jerome Ortega March 22, 2021

I am trying to display issueType.name for my slack notification via Jira Automation lookupissues. However, it showing as empty string when I try to include it to the notification. Is this a Jira bug or am I missing something? Anyone else has seen this issue?

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/automation-actions/#Automationactions-Lookupissues

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2021

Hi @Jerome Ortega ,

This is going to be a bit odd, but ignore the camel-casing in the documentation and use this inside your lookup array:

{{issuetype.name}}

(lowercase 'T')

We're still digging into this, but although issueType works fine outside of a Lookup, capitalizing the 'T' as it's documented won't return the string while inside a Lookup Issues list. Give the lowercase 't' a try for now - once we get the source of this tracked down, the rule should still run fine even with a lowercase 't' in the future.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2021

WOW, thanks for the insight, @Daniel Eads !!

Jerome Ortega March 23, 2021

Thanks @Daniel Eads it worked!

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2021

Hi Jerome,

This was in the document you link to above: 

{{issueType}} - Returns the issue type

Have you tried that syntax?

Jerome Ortega March 22, 2021

Yes @John Funk I have tried it with no luck. It is not showing any value. There is a user in a post that experienced the same issue. I will paste the post link when I get a chance. Thanks!

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2021

You should probably open a ticket with support then and see what they say. 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Post the resolution back here please, so we can close it out. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events