Empty issue security level with name none

Bettina Funk May 2, 2023

Hello,
we use in our projects a issue security level with 3 levels. We need to have a empty issue security level how have no functions only for showing and to choose- 

Name of the this field is "none" and should be selectable as a default value.

Do you have some ideas?

Best regards,
Funk

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2023

Hi @Bettina Funk ,

you need to add a new security field "None" and mark it as a default value. Moreover you need to add a Users/Groups/Project Roles in order to define which users will be able to see issues with that security level.

Fabio

Bettina Funk May 3, 2023

hello Fabio, I had implemented it as you describe, but the issues with none get a red lock. Which is certainly normal, but not desired by the user. I think it doesn't work any other way reading these answers. Thanks very much Funk

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2023

Hi @Bettina Funk ,

red lock means that there is a security level for that issue even if for that security level all users can see it. 

Bettina Funk May 3, 2023

Hello @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ , yes I know it, but my user dont want to have it. Thanks a lot. 

1 vote
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2023

Hi @Bettina Funk 

To be honest, I couldn't quite understand what you want to achieve by saying the following "how have no functions only for showing and to choose- "

If you don't want to have a default security level, and all issues to be open, then simply remove the default security level. Then when someone creates an issue it will always be without security level. After that, and taking into account that you have given the permissions to proper users for imposing a security level, you can change it at a later status.

If you want to have a "None" security level to which all users will be able to see it, then you can create it and add to it ALL the people/roles/groups from all other levels to ensure that everyone will be able to see it.

Read this https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-issue-security-schemes/ for more info.

Bettina Funk May 3, 2023

Hello Alex, thanks for your answer. It a a question of a user not mine.

I had implemented it as you describe, but the issues get a red lock. Which is certainly normal, but not desired by the user. I think it doesn't work any other way reading these answers. Thanks very much Funk

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2023

If you don't want the red lock, then follow the first instructions I gave you:

If you don't want to have a default security level, and all issues to be open, then simply remove the default security level. Then when someone creates an issue it will always be without security level. After that, and taking into account that you have given the permissions to proper users for imposing a security level, you can change it at a later status.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2023

@Bettina Funk  - Woohoo, another Funk in the house! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events