Yagmur Gümüs April 26, 2023

Hello,

i have an issue, which is (again) completlely not understandable for me :(

Starting Poing:

• I have severell Defects
  • In some Defects are Testcases
  • In some Defects are Sub Test Executions 

I have a working Filter:

issuetype = Test AND issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("project in (PricingTool,Primus) and issuetype = Defect AND status in (New, Open, \"In Progress\", \"In Test\")")

This Filter works completly fine and shows me ALL the Testcases which are in the Defects

Now i want to have the same Style Filter which shows me all Sub Test Executions which are in the Defects. The Filter would be than (for me at least):

issuetype = "Sub Test Execution" AND issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("project in (PricingTool,Primus) and issuetype = Defect AND status in (New, Open, \"In Progress\", \"In Test\")")

Only the issuetype should be changed from "Test" to "Sub Test Execution". 

And there are Sub Test Executions within the Defects, i konw that.

Nevertheless the Result is empty!

Why ? :(

Thanks in advance

regards

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2023

Hello @Yagmur Gümüs 

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

Can you provide a screen image for a Defect that show it has Sub Test Executions associated with it?

linkedIssuesOf will retrieve only issues that are directly linked to your Defect issues. If you Sub Test Execution issues are not directly linked to your Defect issues then the filter will have no results.

This one is a Defect

Defect.png

And this is one of the Sub Test Executions within the Defect 

SubTestExec.png

How can i solve the Problem, if the Problem is really the linkedissuesof?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2023

Based on your screen image of the Defect, the Sub Test Execution issues are connected as Sub-tasks (1), not linked issues (2).

Screen Shot 2023-04-26 at 10.43.53 AM.png

You can't use linkedIssuesOf to retrieve Sub-tasks.

Instead you need to use subtasksOf.

issueFunction in subtasksOf("project in (PricingTool,Primus) and issuetype = Defect AND status in (New, Open, \"In Progress\", \"In Test\")")

This worked perfectly. Thank you :)

Like Trudy Claspill likes this

Suggest an answer