Emails to Jira's email address

Beakon Support May 23, 2018

Hi Guys,

We are currently using Jira to manage all our support requests, and we use an email address (which has our company's email domain) as an email for email requests.

All the automatic replies are sent from jira@beakon.atlassian.net, which is fine as long as users simply reply to those emails, as it creates a comment in the issue; but if they send a new email to this jira email address nothing happens and we have no way to track who is sending emails to jira@beakon.atlassian.net.

Now, I have tried changing the email address used to send automatic notifications, but I am getting "DKIM validation failed for this domain.", and I think that is because we are using GSuite. Is there a way we can change this to our email address or, alternatively, simply access the "jira@beakon.atlassian.net" email address this monitor these emails?

Thanks!

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2018

Dear @Beakon Support,

you can configure one default reporter for the email handler when somebody writes a mail to that address that is not a user of the system. But these users will never get mails when you comment the issue.

Regardless what you configure for your email handler, if Jira can identify any issue key the mail body is attached to that existing issue, when the reporter has the permissuin to create issues. Only when no issue key is found a new issue us created at the configured project (Create and comment handler).

So long

Thomas

Beakon Support May 27, 2018

So there is no way for me to monitor the emails that go to our jira email address? Some users assumed that was our support email address as they were receiving notifications from it, and therefore started sending support requests to that email address that I have no way no monitor.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2018

Set up a "incoming mail" project with an email handler that reads all the incoming mail.

As Thomas says, anything with a subject containing a Jira issue id will then become a comment, and stuff without it will create issues in that project.  It is not ideal, as really you want email handlers to cope with all email in the right projects, but at least you will be "monitoring" the incoming mail.

and where does it get the E-mail from? 

Having this issue where If I send an Issue to my JIRA@......   From a user, it works but when I do it from a non user, it doesn't work (Issue still goes through, but the user never gets the comment / reply or confirmations like the registered user did).

Please help 

also, I am confused on :

Reporter
Initiator
Asignee
ETC......

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2021

Dear @Bruno Sergio Pongetti Goldemberg ,

you can configure a mails handler here:

https://mydomain.atlassian.net/secure/admin/IncomingMailServers.jspa

after you connected to a mail server, follow then this instructions.

If the sender is a known user, the email will be converted to an issue with the sender as reporter. If the sender is unknown and the option "Default Reporter" is set, then the issue is created and:

When an issue is created using the default reporter, the original sender's address will appear in a brief message at the end of the issue's Description field.

Only when the reporter is a known user (consumes a license) it gets notified. That's Atlassians concept. If you have loads of customers (that do not need to have accounts), then have a look at Jira Service Management.

So long

Thomas

it did not help at all, sorry :(  

I am still with same issue.

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2021

Dear @Beakon Support ,

can you please open a new question, where you describe your current problem, with as much details about what you tried already?

I will lock this question.

So long

Thomas