Emailed search results - possible to get output in Excel file?

Hello,

I have a user who receives a daily email with results of a search filter, and they now want to be able to import the contents into another system. Obviously the standard JIRA output format doesn't make that very easy.

I know it's a long shot, but is there any way to get filter results emailed to users in an alternative format, such as Excel/.csv, that would be easier to manipulate?

Many thanks,

Jodie

2 answers

2 accepted

0 vote
Jack Brickey Community Champion Jan 10, 2018

Automatically - not w/o an add on app (maybe Better Excel Plugin)

Manually - certainly. Just create the desired filter query, export to CSV

Hi Jack, many thanks for the speedy reply! The business users are looking at automatically only, and I had a feeling a plugin would be the only way...but because I've only just taken on our Jira system I just wanted to check :)

Hi @Jodie Haughton,

You can definitely do it with the combination of Better Excel Plugin and Excel Automation Plugin, and it's not even a long shot :)

Here you find more on how it would work and this tutorial video shows it in action.

Full disclosure, I'm proudly working for Midori, the developer of Better Excel and Excel Automation Plugin.

Thanks for the mention, @Jack Brickey!

Sounds useful, will take a look. Thank you!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 21, 2018 in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

1,242 views 10 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you