Email requests from yahoo.com are not coming through

Easwaran January 19, 2022

For some strange reason, email requests sent from users @yahoo.com never automatically create a ticket in jira. 

It is not a blocked domain and looking at the email logs for the project, there are 0 from yahoo.com. Works fine for hotmail.com, gmail.com, etc

Fortunately I am cc'd into the email request, so I know a support request has been made and then I have to manually create the ticket in Jira.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2022

If you look in the email log do you see the emails resulting in a failure? If so what is the reason indicated for the failure?  If not then are you using the default email or a custom email?

Easwaran January 30, 2022

Hi, the email logs don't show any yahoo addresses. I can see hotmail, gmail, etc but not yahoo

It's like yahoo emails are just completely not hitting jira

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2022

Are you using he Atlassian default email or a custom email?

Easwaran January 30, 2022

Basically using an email group created from google workspace under our domain. That group has two members:

1) The atlassian email for the project

2) myself

So when a customer sends an email to the group, the ticket is auto created on JIRA, and I also get a copy of the customer email

The only exception is when the customer sends from yahoo.com. I get the email but JIRA doesn't get it at all, not even in the email logs.

I've checked google's email logs for yahoo.com emails and it says that it delivered the email to both my address as well as the JIRA email address. And because I am receiving the yahoo emails, it is not a domain blocked by google workspace nor could I find any settings for it when I looked for blacklisting

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 30, 2022

A couple of thoughts.

• first I suggest you try to send an email from your yahoo address directly to the Atlassian provided project email not your google group address. I'm interested to see if the problem is with the group or yahoo specifically.
  • also do you have the yahoo email address setup as a customer in the project?

Suggest an answer