Email notifications have stopped

Liza Gonzalez April 1, 2024

Hello,

A colleague of mine reached out to me because she is no longer receiving email notifications when someone tags her in a JIRA ticket. I checked all the permission settings as well as the notification settings but nothing seems to be off.

I also noticed that I am no longer getting emails when someone tags me or even when there is an update made in the tickets. Is this a known issue?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2024

Hello @Liza Gonzalez 

Do you (or the other user) get any email notifications at all from Jira? Do you see notifications within the Jira application under the bell icon next to your avatar?

If you are getting no email notifications and no in-application notifications that would suggest that either the Notifications are not configured to send the notifications to the specified user, or the events that would send the notifications are not happening.

Have you (and the user) reviewed your personal notification settings? Atlassian recently started rolling out changes to the options an individual can manage for notifications. You can find more information about that here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-articles/Take-control-of-your-inbox-with-new-ways-to-manage-Jira/ba-p/2637342

If you have confirmed that

• your personal settings are not blocking the notifications
  • Jira is configured in a way and events are occurring for which you should receive notifications
  • your notifications are not going to a spam/junk email filter
  • you get in-application notifications

...then it is possible that your email account(s) have gotten blacklisted on the Atlassian side. To check for that and get it fixed, open a support case directly with Atlassian support at https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Liza
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 10, 2024

Hello Trudy,

Thank you also for your suggestions, we ended up submitting a ticket to get this resolved. It was additional users that ended up experiencing the same issue.

Thank you,

Liza

0 votes
Ste Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2024

Hi @Liza Gonzalez 

I'd have your colleague check their personal notification settings first:

1. Go to your profile icon (top-right) > Personal settings
  2. Next, select Projects and issues from the left-hand menu, under the "Notification Settings" banner
  3. Check these are set as required, including "You're mentioned on an issue"

Ste

Liza
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 10, 2024

Thank you for your suggestion, we ended up submitting a ticket to get this resolved. It was additional users that ended up experiencing the same issue.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events