Email notifications for inactive users

DevOps June 23, 2022

1 answer

0 votes
Rachit Singhal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2022

Hi @DevOps ,

Could you please more elaborate on your query what you are trying to do?

Are you trying to send email notifications for inactive users or trying something else?

Thanks,

Rachit Singhal

DevOps June 23, 2022

I need to send an automated emailer to jira users who have not accessed jira for more than 7 days.

For example,

User name Ramesh has invited on 17/06/2022 and he had not yet login/use jira tool for more than 7 days i.e. till 23/06/2022, then auto mail should be trigger from jira to Ramesh stating that, "You have not used/login Jira from last 7 days, Please use Jira tool on regular basis."

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2022

You'll need to get one of the scripting/automation tools to do this.

But I wouldn't bother, an email reminder of what people are supposed to be doing as part of their work is pointless.  If they're not using Jira, it's probably because they don't need to.  An email isn't going to change that.  "Use tool X on a regular basis" is micro-management and pointless noise.  "Tool X is the one thing you should be using to get stuff done" should be baked into their job, and "using it regularly" would then come naturally.

Jenny Sherburne September 8, 2023

I disagree whole-heartedly with the belief user notifications as being a fruitless or "pointless" attempt to create a strong community of Jira users. After all, providing teams with the tools they need to produce a successful end result this version and the next is the whole reason Jira and Jira Admins exist. Disable every user without warning and what do you have left to work with  even if they were still willing. 

We all have policies to follow and people to answer to; the last situation you'd want to explain to leadership is how your failure to dig deeper for a solution caused downtime or wasted funds, even more so if the whole debacle could have been avoided with a simple automation.)

I am familiar with several Admins who feel like a large majority of their career can be summed up to being nothing more than software scrooge. Having an automated way to alert users susceptible to deactivation due to an unavoidable corporate waste management policy is ABSOLUTELY brilliant when compared to the alternative sneak attack, "Presto Chang-O and Your Access Disappeared!" approach or aforementioned software scrooge career path. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events