Email notifications for My Changes stopped 2024/03/06

Cindy M March 8, 2024

Two days ago, I stopped receiving email notifications from Jira for my own changes.

I had previously set the My Changes setting on my profile to "Notify Me" so that I would receive emails for my own changes. (More recently, that setting showed up as "Get email updates for issue activity when" = "You make changes to the issue".) That has worked for years.

Today, I no longer see the My Changes setting in my profile.

The Atlassian change log says that the new Notifications space in the profile was launched last week:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/blog/2024/03/atlassian-cloud-changes-feb-26-to-mar-4-2024

"New ways to manage email notifications from Jira"

New ways to manage email notifications from Jira.png

I see the new Notifications space in my profile where I can configure email notifications, but it does not have a My Changes setting.

Is the My Changes setting no longer supported, so that users can no longer opt to receive notifications for their own changes?

1 answer

1 vote
Mohanraj Thangamuthu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2024

Hello, Good day. With the new change notification for my own change has been disabled. Thanks!

Cindy M March 11, 2024

Thanks for the quick reply, @Mohanraj Thangamuthu !

Is this change permanent, or will the own-changes notification function be restored within the new Notifications space in the future?

Thorsten Schöning March 11, 2024

Thanks!

Nope?! :-) I have the exact same problem and explicitly configured to get mails even for changes I made, because mails don't cost too much, I can easily search within my own mails for comments not available in JIRA anymore or older comments etc.

So, why did Atlassian broke this at all? Does Atlassian plan to bring that feature back?

Like Stéphane BOUGET likes this
Ulrich Jakobus
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 12, 2024

I am also missing very much the e-mail notifications for my own changes, this is how I organised follow-up replies etc. in my inbox.

Can this feature be brought back please? It was after all an option, anybody who does not want to get e-mails for own changes can opt out.

Like # people like this
Frank Illenseer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 12, 2024

I totally aree with the above comments of Thorstenn Schöning and Ulrich Jakobus!

This feature must please be brought back ASAP, as I also heavily rely on the emails in my inbox for various reasons.

Like # people like this
Michele Zaben March 12, 2024

This needs to be brought back, how can this just be removed for no reason- why take away a function with no replacement?

I create JIRAs all the time for my team and like to monitor all the JIRAs- so this is a needed function.

Atlassian do you ever ask users before removing something?

Like Adam Deslauriers likes this
Mohanraj Thangamuthu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2024
Thorsten Schöning March 13, 2024

That explains the changes, mentions that the one important feature we need and talk about here was removed and otherwise DOES NOT answer any of the questions we have made here.

So when are you going to reconsider your decision and bring us back control over the mails we want to receive? Currently you don't allow me to receive mails about my own changes for some strange reason. Obviously you didn't ask me or any of the other people here.

Cindy M March 13, 2024

@Mohanraj Thangamuthu 

Would you please create a Suggestions ticket on the JSWCLOUD project at jira.atlassian.com so that we can begin voting for the restoration of this functionality?

Previously you were able to configure your settings to be notified about your own changes. As part of our simplification, we’ve removed this functionality.

Like # people like this
Mohanraj Thangamuthu
Atlassian Team
March 13, 2024

Hello, Please vote on the FR : https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-83260. Thanks!

Like # people like this
Stéphane BOUGET March 13, 2024

Hello
Vote done !
It is an important functionnality, I agree with the previous comments.

Regards,

Stéphane.

Like Mohanraj Thangamuthu likes this
Cindy M March 14, 2024

FYI, the article was updated with the following:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-articles/Take-control-of-your-inbox-with-new-ways-to-manage-Jira/ba-p/2637342

UPDATE: We're hearing the feedback that people would like to be notified about their own edits (as in the previous experience). We're exploring bringing this functionality into the new notifications experience. Stay tuned for updates.

Tom Morrissey
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 20, 2024

Yes, please bring this back!  When I comment or update a ticket, and I expect a response, having the email trail is the only way I can track it.

Cindy M March 21, 2024

FYI, the article was updated with the following:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-articles/Take-control-of-your-inbox-with-new-ways-to-manage-Jira/ba-p/2637342

UPDATE: We're hearing the feedback that people would like to be notified about their own edits (as in the previous experience). We're in the process of bringing this functionality into the new notifications experience. It should be available to everyone in the next few weeks.

Like # people like this
Cindy M March 28, 2024

Received my first own-changes email in 3+ weeks today!

The solution described in the feature request ticket is now visible in my Notifications space:

Receive emails when you make changes to issues.png

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events