Email notification for a DL when a issue created

Prabhu Prabhakar June 24, 2021
  • I want to send a notification Email to a DL when a issue is  being created.
    • The primary DL contain more Group(DL) and single Email Ids too.
  • I've created a notification scheme and added the DL on  Single Email Address option.
    • But non of the users get notified.

Could someone guide to solve this?

Thanks,

Prabhu

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2021

It has been a few years since I worked with Jira Server (I'm on Cloud now). As I recall, it would only send the notification to users who had permission to browse the project, and it can't assess those permissions for a distribution list email. We had to create a "fake" user and give it the email address of the distribution list, then give that fake user Browse Project permission on the project in order for Jira to send the email to the DL.

That was on Jira 7.13. Things may have changed since then.

Also, make sure that your Email service managers set up the distribution list as External, not Internal. 

0 votes
Rajiv Ranjan January 18, 2023

Is there any suggestion for Jira cloud? We are facing the same situation where notification doesn't receive by a DL.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2023

@Rajiv Ranjan 

How are you attempting to send the notification?

Did you update the Notification Scheme, or are you using an Automation rule?

Since your question is about Jira Cloud rather than Jira Server/Data Center, I suggest that you start a new Question in the community and provide the details of your use case.

Suggest an answer