Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Email custom template

rina d I'm New Here Jul 19, 2021

Hello! Could you help how to add the customfield to the JIRA template, when sending notification, when issue assigned? 

Project name / Issue-key

Issue subject

Changed by:

User name

Assignee:

Old assignee New assignee

Old status New status

Resolution:

Done

3 answers

0 votes
Benjamin Community Leader Jul 19, 2021

Hi @rina d ,

I don't believe you can do this out of the box..especially adding custom fields.. You may want to consider looking into add-ons to help with this issue. 

See suggestion below:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/4977/email-this-issue?hosting=server&tab=overview

0 votes
Daniel Ebers Community Leader Jul 20, 2021

Hi @rina d

basically it is possible to add a field - it is even possible to create highly complex and fully customized templates. Something I seen in the past.

However, by no means this is an easy task. It would require a lot of learning and skills in "Apache Velocity" (the templating language behind the templates).

Here you can find documentation on changing the templates:

Customizing email content in Jira Server
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/customizing-email-content-in-jira-server-1027142312.html

Please also consider that you in most cases (things have changed a bit for the better in the past) access to the server's filesystem - which could mean you need to talk to your server's administrator to let them grant you access or let them adapt the templates for you.

Like @Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority said the recommended App "Notification Assistant" of his company allows you to reach your goal faster, configuration can done via frontend.
I am familiar with the App "Notification Assistant" Boris mentioned - and happy with it, it can save you a pretty decent amount of time. You could have a look if this could be an alternative for you.
Please note: we are not affiliated besides a vendor - customer relationship, so take the above said from a perspective of a customer.

Regards,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

⏰ Day in the life of a Jira Admin!

Hello Community! We thoroughly enjoyed this just-for-fun conversation in the Jira Admin Group about what it's like to be a Jira Admin. For #JiraJuly, our talented designers created these graphics t...

752 views 2 21
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you