• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I set up a mail which will receive global notification regarding all activity in JIRA?

5 answers

1 vote
Pramodh Community Leader Jan 25, 2021

Hi @Sudipta Kumar Mondal 

All activity refers to what? Can you please elaborate on what notifications you would like to receive?

We have an audit log feature in Jira, that gives the administrative activities in the Jira instance.

Thanks,
Pramodh

Jack Community Leader Jan 25, 2021

I would vote for an audit log solution over using email for logging. I wish that Cloud offered user admin access to better system logging. The current audit log under admin > system is inadequate.

Pramodh Community Leader Jan 25, 2021

Yes @Jack

Logging could be improved. You say inadequate, please understand me here what more audit records are we looking at other than what we have right now.

0 votes

Hello  @Sudipta Kumar Mondal ,

Welcome to Atlassian Community ...!

settings --> system --> automation --> Automation Rules may help you. but in the email you will not get any changed fields highlighted, due to smart values need to set for every field. it's highly customized task.

Rule 1 --> Trigger --> 1. issue created  --> 2. New action 

image.png

Like the above you need to create at least 3 new rules.

Issue Created / Issue updated / Issue deleted.

These 3 will gives you all updates on all issues.

Note: please check in Project wise automation with Test project. it it success, you can add it to Global Rule.

Thanks.

0 votes

I'm not sure I understand. It sounds like you want to setup an external email account and include that account on all notifications from Jira? Is this the case? If so this isn't really a Jira task as much as an IT task. They would set up an email for you (exchange, gmail, etc.) and then you as a Jira admin would have to add the email as a user to your instance and add that user to all groups/roles and ensure that the user has the proper notifications for all notification events where you desire to record the notification. I fear this would not be a scalable/reliable solution though.

of course....audit logging, if not done properly (configurable) can have undesirable implications on performance.

Actually, we have multiple members, and it's hard to check every task progress on every project.
The members used to receive mail respective to the task which is assigned to them.
I want an admin account say (abc@example.com) to receive all the notification in the mailbox recording every task of every members.

Daniel Ebers Community Leader Jan 26, 2021

You could add the user account to the notification schemes of the projects you want to see the updates about.
But I am sure this would cause a mail flood if you "subscribe" to any event that happens in a project - maybe a selection for "Issue Created", "Issue Commented" or "Issue Resolved" will be needed to see through the huge amount of received mails you will surely see in that mailbox.

0 votes
John Funk Community Leader Jan 25, 2021

Hi @Sudipta Kumar Mondal ,

I doubt you really want to see ALL activities in Jira through email. But if you do, it would be better to create a dashboard with an Activity Feed gadget which will show you all activities without getting an email.

Actually, we have multiple members and those members receive an email notification respective to their assigned task.
I want an email ID (abc@example.com) to receive all notifications from all member's activity. So that I can track from that mail inbox.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Announcing the waitlist for Jira Work Management

Hey there Cloud Community members! We’re excited to give you the first glimpse of the new home for business teams on Jira — Jira Work Management. Jira Work Management is the next generation of J...

750 views 12 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you