Effective way to audit Jira Project Repository

Deleted user November 17, 2020

I'm trying to find an effective method to query our cloud Jira Project Repository.  Right now the query used is searching through last update date of issues (of which there are thousands!) and is limited because of the 1000 rows returned limitation for cloud queries.  Does anyone have a suggestion of another way to target the last time a project was utilized, other than looking at individual issue updates? 

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2020

Hi @[deleted] 

I do not recall any scripting add-ons which have MAX() and GROUP BY for parsing things like updated date/times.

There is a suggestion to add last-updated to the project list, which you may view and vote for here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-38622

There might be a marketplace add-on to perform instance audit/management, although I have not used any of these products.

I can think of a couple of brute-force methods to find last usage by project:

• Add a webhook to push out all logged changes for the instance.  Use a log parser tool (something like Sumo Logic) to create a report that captures the latest changes by project.  You would see what changed, not what did not.  We tried that for logging admin changes that were not visible otherwise.
  • Create an automation rule (which you copy to each project), which runs on a schedule and uses JQL to return the last 100 items updated.  You could then log/email the maximum updated date/time.

Best regards,

Bill

Deleted user November 19, 2020

Thank you Bill!  I'll pass these ideas on to our Engineering support team. 

~ Nancy N.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events