Editing Story Points directly in Product Backlog list.

Is it possible to add/edit Story Points directly in the product backlog list?

Version: JIRA Agile v6.5.0

I'm talking about the grey fields on the right. I'm in planning mode and I can edit the value in the detail view, but it would be really helpfull to click into the grey box to enter story points directly.

Product Backlog List

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes

Hi, Robert.

I don't think you can edit the issue's story points by clicking the grey box, but you don't need to go to the detailed view to do it. If you click the issue's key (next to the red arrow in your printscreen), it should open the quick view, a small window next to the backlog.

From there, you can edit the issue. In the case of the story points, change the field 'estimate', simply by clicking it. This way, you never leave the backlog page.

I hope it was helpful.

Kind regards.

Hi Jaime,

thank you very much for the quick response. I know the possibility to use the quick view, but that's still one click more. I think in older versions it was possible to enter story points directly. At least in our Greehopper configuration where story points were not fully integrated.

By the way: Why is the field called 'estimate' and not Story points?

Best regards,

Robert

Hi, Robert.

I don't know if it was possible before, but I don't know any way to make it editable now.

To answer your question, the field's name is Story Points. The quick view shows 'estimate' because you can change how you estimate the issue, for example, estimate using hours instead of story points. You can still change the value from this 'estimate' field, but, for example, it would change the 'Original Estimate' field in the issue.

I hope I could help you more with that.

Best regards.

Jaime Kirch da Silveira.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Feb 15, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

1,086 views 6 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot