It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Edit simplified workflows Edited

Hello Team, 

Is it possible to use more than one simplified workflow in one project? 

Best regards

Marcus

2 answers

0 votes
John_Funk Community Leader Thursday

Hi Marcus - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Never tried to use two simplified workflows in a single project, but I assume the answer is yes. That's because you can put multiple workflows in a single workflow scheme. But each Issue Type in the workflow scheme can only be linked to a single workflow. 

Give it a whirl if that floats your boat.  :-)

0 votes

No, you should never edit a simplified workflow. 

Technically, in the background, a simplified workflow is a standard workflow, so it looks like it can be edited or used by projects outside the board that it is for, but:

• All projects included in the board must be using that one single workflow and no others (change that, and the "simplified" flag is automatically removed)
  • If you re-use the workflow for other projects, your board users could change someone else's workflow with no warning
  • If you edit the simplified workflow, you could easily lose all your changes the next time a board owner modifies the workflow

And, yes, you could point another board at the projects that are simplified, but you won't be able to modify the workflow via that board.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Metrics Fun: 2019 in Review

Hello, Atlassian Community!  I thought it would be fun to do something different for my teams' last retrospective of 2019 so I'm planning to do a "year in review" with info-graphics.  Wha...

1,870 views 10 14
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you