Edit Workflow: I suddenly cannot add status

SP Support February 12, 2021

Does anyone know why I might not be able to edit workflow statuses?

I am the site administrator and have full access to everything and have been working with several workflows that I previously set up. I now need to modify a workflow, and suddenly, in the edit window, I cannot add a status. However, I can add a transition and a rule.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2021

Hi @SP Support  - Can you share a screenshot of the error you are getting? 

SP Support February 13, 2021

I'm not getting an error per se, the feature is just blocked. This should be obvious for me to solve - I am sorry to be burdening the community with the matter!

pic.jpg

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2021

I know they are rolling out some new functionality to edit workflows with Next-gen, so it might be related to that. Try adding a column on your board (or deleting one) to make the change instead of editing the actual workflow. 

Like SP Support likes this
SP Support February 15, 2021

Thanks John, this worked. And after a few status changes via this work around, the ability to add a status / rename a status in the Edit Workflow window stopped being blocked. I think it is just a bit buggy on Atlassian's end if they're performing feature updates here.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 15, 2021

Great! Thanks for the update on what worked for you. 

0 votes
Flavien Gache
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 12, 2021

It may be because you are editing an active workflow. Try to copy this workflow, edit it, and then switch the copy with the original in the workflow scheme. It should solve your problem.

Let me know if it helped you.

SP Support February 13, 2021

Thanks for the suggestion. It is an active workflow of a next-gen project, but the board is cleared and I believe I've been able to edit in the past with active issues. I just cleared the board and did not help. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events