Edit Issue on Version Creation

Iiro Alhonen May 24, 2023

Hi!

I'm trying to automate my workflow and with that, when a new version is created (I have this coming automatically from GitHub workflow) I want all the issues on a specific column to be tagged with the fix version and moved to the next column.

Is there any way of achieving this? Currently I'm only getting an error:

Error

• The rule has been configured with components that require issues to be provided by the trigger. To run these components you must add a branch for this version or JQL. The following components require issues: JQL condition, Transition issue, Edit issue

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2023

Hi Iiro - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Can yo share the full automation rule that you have? But basically, you need to add a Branch as it says (you can use a Branch based on JQL), then include the JQL you want to identify the issues, and then add an action under the branch to update the Fix Version field with the trigger issue version value. 

Then add another action to Transition issue to the status you want it to go to. 

Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 11.41.57.png

I also tried the same with conditional statements instead of the lookup issues. So moving the lookup issues as a condition for a branch and then running everything in the branch should work nicely? Trying that now.

Cheers. Worked like a charm. Here's the working outline for anyone interested:

Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 11.58.32.png

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2023

Great! Glad that is working. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events