EazyBI - Calculated Text Field Historical data

Jessi Lawin April 24, 2017

I am trying to create a report that shows the changes of a calculated text field over time. For example, when a JIRA issue is created in March, this custom field is "Not calculated". Then, this field is changed to a value of "Low" in April. I need my report to show that the value of this field at the end of a monthly time period, so March would displays this issue as "Not Calculated", and it April it would show it as "Low". I have attached screenshots of custom field and what our report currently looks like. Any help will be appreciated.

Chart.pngCustom Field settings.png

2 answers

0 votes
Ilze Leite-Apine
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2019

Hi, 

Katherine is absolutely right: you can import the change history of this "Test Priority" field using Advanced settings. Then your report with "Issues history" measure would give the number of issues with historical test priority at the end of the selected time period.

The only precondition: "Test priority" should be a single-value field.

To achieve that, you may want to do the following:

1) Modify advanced settings for this field: remove measures=true (as this ir not a numerical nor date field), and add separate_table=true and changes=true

[jira.customfield_10601] 
data_type = "string"
dimension = true
separate_table = true
changes = true

2) Perform data import twice:

• first, unselect "Test priority" field from data import at all (to drop all existing database structures for this field),
  • then select this field to be imported as a dimension with value changes and run the data import again.

3) After double import, changes should be imported for the field and your report with "Issues history" and selected Time should retrieve issues by their historical Test priority values.

Ilze, eazyBI Customer Support Consultant

support@eazybi.com

0 votes
Katherine Jansen April 11, 2019

This is not verified, but you'll need to check the change history option and add a line to the Advanced Settings. This line should have that information.

https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/data-import/jira-issues-import/import-issue-change-history

Hopefully this will point you in the right direction. If nothing else, this can definitely help you indicate if a change has happened, the original value, and the new value. 

Good luck!!

-Kat

Suggest an answer