EasyBI - how to add custom JIRA filter

Choy Wun Ngeow April 18, 2023

Hi,

I'm trying to build an Easy BI report to filter for a specific list of Jira test that is linked to a User story using the following custom jira query

issue in linkedIssues(JIRA-7256, "is tested by") 

May i check how can i build the filter in EasyBI

For those tests/tasks that are linked to an EPIC, we could make use of the "epic link" dimension for filtering but i'm not sure how this can be done for tests/tasks that is linked to a user story using the link association "is tested by". Appreciate for your help on this :)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Roberts Čāčus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2023

Hi @Choy Wun Ngeow 

The first step is defining and importing the issue link in eazyBI. You can define it in the eazyBI advanced settings. To do that, first, look at the tests/tasks issues in Jira and determine the issue link name to the user story. Then, head to the Jira "Issue linking" settings and see the direction (inward or outward) for the link name. After that, define the issue link in the eazyBI advanced settings. The parameters could look similar to the ones below:

[jira.customfield_testby]
name = "Tested by"
outward_link = "tests"
issue_type = "Story"
dimension = true
multiple_values = true

In the example above, the Tests have the link name "tests" linking to the Story, and in the Jira "Issue linking" settings, the direction is "outward". See the screenshot below:

Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 14.57.52.png

After defining the issue link and updating the eazyBI advanced settings, head to the eazyBI import options and select the issue link for import in the "Custom fields" tab.
Finally, you can use the newly imported dimension in the report pages and select the specific Story to see the issues linked to it via the link. See examples below:

Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 15.01.20.pngScreenshot 2023-04-26 at 15.02.38.png

See more details about defining issue links in eazyBI here - https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/data-import/data-from-jira/advanced-data-import-options/import-issue-links.

Best,
Robers // support@eazybi.com

Choy Wun Ngeow April 28, 2023

Thank you @Roberts Čāčus for your detailed explanation on this. I've managed to create the report by following through your guide as mentioned :)

Like Roberts Čāčus likes this

Hi @Roberts Čāčus ,

May i also check would it be possible define multiple issue type e.g Story and EPIC. would the following be correct way to define for multiple issue type? or another new custom field should be added?

name = "Tested by"
outward_link = "tests"
issue_type = "Story", "Epic"
dimension = true
multiple_values = true

Roberts Čāčus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2023

Hi @Choy Wun Ngeow ,

You can define multiple links and issue types. The documentation page regarding issue link import into eazyBI has some examples - https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/data-import/data-from-jira/advanced-data-import-options/import-issue-links.

The parameters specific to your case could look similar to the one below:

name = "Tested by"
outward_link = "tests"
issue_type = ["Story","Epic"]
dimension = true
multiple_values = true

Best,

Roberts // support@eazybi.com

Like Choy Wun Ngeow likes this

Thanks again for your clarifications :)