[ERROR] Node re-index service is not running

Junseok Lee April 9, 2021

There is an error below.

2021-04-09 16:44:17,719+0900 NodeReindexServiceThread:thread-0 INFO [c.a.j.index.ha.DefaultNodeReindexService] [INDEX-REPLAY] Node re-index service is not running: currentNode.isClustered=true, notRunningCounter=216, paused=true, lastPausedStacktrace=java.lang.Throwable
at com.atlassian.jira.index.ha.DefaultNodeReindexService.pause(DefaultNodeReindexService.java:215)
at com.atlassian.jira.util.index.CompositeIndexLifecycleManager.reIndexAll(CompositeIndexLifecycleManager.java:62)
at com.atlassian.jira.util.index.CompositeIndexLifecycleManager.reIndexAll(CompositeIndexLifecycleManager.java:51)
at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.admin.index.ReIndexAsyncIndexerCommand.doReindex(ReIndexAsyncIndexerCommand.java:27)
at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.admin.index.AbstractAsyncIndexerCommand.call(AbstractAsyncIndexerCommand.java:63)
at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.admin.index.ReIndexAsyncIndexerCommand.call(ReIndexAsyncIndexerCommand.java:18)
at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.admin.index.AbstractAsyncIndexerCommand.call(AbstractAsyncIndexerCommand.java:26)
at com.atlassian.jira.task.TaskManagerImpl$TaskCallableDecorator.call(TaskManagerImpl.java:533)
at com.atlassian.jira.task.TaskManagerImpl$TaskCallableDecorator.call(TaskManagerImpl.java:491)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at com.atlassian.jira.task.ForkedThreadExecutor$ForkedRunnableDecorator.run(ForkedThreadExecutor.java:216)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:823)

Why does it happen?

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Juan Manuel Ibarra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2021

Hello, I give you this link that seems to be the error that is presented to you, it is a known error and there is a workarround on the link

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-72125

Junseok Lee April 11, 2021

Thank you!

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2021

Thank you!

Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2022

Hi,

I have the same problem. But none of the workaround specified in JRASERVER-72125 is not applicable to me. Because all of the 4 nodes give the same error and I don't have any index-snaphot. There should be a manual way to force a node to start indexing. Are there any other recommendations?

Richard Bukovansky May 16, 2022

@ Deniz: I believe you need to stop all nodes except one, run full reindex on that node and then bring back the rest of the nodes. If it is still an issue, then copy of index from that running indexing (when done) node to rest of nodes is in order, followed by restart.
Helped our company's JIRA.

Suggest an answer