EPIC status

Santosh Vanga August 29, 2022

When I create a new EPIC on Jira, the status defaults to Backlog which is fine but it also allows me to change status to In progress or done. This eliminates the need for an epic to be approved by the manager before the epic is added to backlog.

Screenshot 2022-08-30 141554.png

We have an approval process internally where the epic is manually assessed by manager and its either approved or declined before its assigned to a sprint.

How do I configure the epic workflow in order to disable In progress or done status codes when a new epic is created. 

1 answer

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2022

Hi @Santosh Vanga 

Welcome to the community

Each Issue type can have its own workflow, Issue type screen and field configuration in Jira, which means you can use existing issue Epic and just change the schemes for Epic Issue by associating it one to Epic Issue type

Here's the guide to associate a separate workflow for Issue type and then add the conditions to only transition to a role 

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-workflow-schemes

Let me know if this helps 

Thanks,

Pramodh

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events