EPIC link required field

Ernie Babinski
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 12, 2023

We made it so EPIC link is required to create Jira tickets, and we need to find a way to get the EPIC link to use when creating these. We also use the Zendesk pokug that allows us to create Jira tickets from a problem ticket where it asks to make sure that there is an epic link included

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Yes, the plug-in is the problem.  If you make a field required in Jira, it must be provided by the user when creating an issue.  If the plugin cannot send it during its "create issue" call, then it will not be able to create the issue.

If the Zendesk plug-in can't be configured to ask the users for a link (or even just send one), then it cannot work.

Your options are to get the plugin fixed such that it does send a value for the field, or turn off the "mandatory" on the field.

If you do turn off "mandatory", there are still things you can do to make it mostly mandatory.

• Automate something that can work out the Epic Link and fill it in on the "issue created" event.
  • Put validators or conditions on your workflow that check if the Epic Link is filled and require it to be before proceeding (I.e. you can't start progress on an issue without an Epic link)
0 votes
Najm Polaris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2023

@Ernie Babinski 

didn't quite get your question, are you trying to add epic link when creating new issues? Epic link can be added from the dropdown while creating a Jira issue. 

Are you trying to add any specific epic to all created issues using automation? or will the linked epic vary with each issue?

Ernie Babinski
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 12, 2023

We are using a plug-in for zendesk and you are not able to add an epic link that I can see I know you can add it if you create the jira ticket in jira however being that it's required the plug-in seems broken

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events