Duplicate gadgets in Jira

Glen2021 May 1, 2021

While adding a new gadget on my personal dashboard I can see some duplicate gadgets in the list, like activity stream

In the below screenshot I can see three gadgets for Activity Stream.

1. Local Activity Stream gadget for same Jira instance

2. External Activity Stream gadget (This is from Confluence) 

3. External Activity Stream gadget for same Jira instance

The one from same Jira instance (Local and External) having same XML link URL.

It is causing confusion when to use which as both are showing same results when I add them to the dashboard, there many other as well which are duplicated.

Does anyone see this behavior in their Jira? 

Capture 2021-05-02 at 9.04.15.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sagar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2021

@Glen2021Jira allows you to add the another applications gadget by adding them to the subscribe list in manage gadget to use those external application gadgets in your Jira application more details can be found on below document :

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver0811/subscribing-to-another-application-s-gadgets-1019391290.html

Check the list of applications added in the subscription list and remove the duplicate entry if your local Jira application URL is added there as this will add all your local gadgets in available gadget list and label it as External even they are same from the local Jira as it has added in the subscription list.

Suggest an answer