Duedates in a subtask

Deleted user January 24, 2020

Hi,

Is it possible to make the Due Dates of Jira Sub-Tasks visible in Sub-Task list inside a Jira Task in Jira Cloud?

Best,

Michal

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2020

Hi @[deleted]

You can, but it only works in the Classic View for now - to change this you'll need to be a Site Admin and then:

1. Go to Jira Settings > System
  2. Select General Configuration from the left-hand list
  3. Look for jira.table.cols.subtasks and hover over the text next to it
  4. Add in the field "duedate" - the commas show what order the fields are shown in - so putting it at the end will make it last on the row

To track this enhancement in the new view, see JRACLOUD-70206.

Ste

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2020

Hi @[deleted]

To your question, this solution does work. The text in Advanced Configuration should look like this:

Advanced Config - SubTasks.png^ Once you've done this, you'll see the text under the Story when the due date field is populated on the Sub-task - like this:

SubTasks - Due Date.png^ As I say, this only works in the Classic View of Jira Cloud - to ensure you're on this:

1. Go to your profile icon in the bottom-left corner and select Settings
  2. Under Jira Labs, ensure the toggle next to the new issue view is off (white circle on left, cross on a grey background on right)

If you're on the new view, this doesn't work at the moment.

Ste

Deleted user January 27, 2020

@Stephen Wright _Elabor8_  I have now turned off the new issue view, but It still doesn't show the due date. 

See screenshotsScreenshot 2020-01-27 at 14.38.02.pngScreenshot 2020-01-27 at 14.38.36.png

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2020

Hi @[deleted]

That's still the new issue view - the only other thing I can think of is either...

• This is a business project (Jira Core) or...
  • This is a Next-Gen project

^ If it's either of these there is no "classic" view, even if you have the new view turned off. Old view works for classic projects in Jira Software. In these other instances this is not yet possible - the feature request is being tracked under JRACLOUD-70206.

Ste

0 votes
Answer accepted

@Stephen Wright _Elabor8_  Yes, it's a next-gen project

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2020

Yep, so not much that can be done here yet I'm afraid :)

Ste

0 votes

Thanks @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_  but unfortunately it still not showing it. 

I changed it in the general configuration but it still doesn't show it.

Any other suggestions?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events