Due date format

Dustin Strange October 2, 2019

Whenever I go to create a task I have the due date field but it requires a specific format (to include a time, though that is not displayed on the issue).  I want to require a different format (m/d/y), which should essentially be whatever is selected from the available calendar shown beside the due date field.  I can't seem to find the specific setting to make this happen.  Please help!  

screen shot.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ilya Turov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2019

Did you check jira.date.time.picker.java.format and jira.date.time.picker.javascript.format in advanced properties? (yourJira/secure/admin/AdvancedApplicationProperties.jspa)

They should be same (also note that they affect all datetime fields)

That worked, thank you! 

0 votes
Yevhen Rohovets
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2019

Hi,

You can create a new custom date field, name it Due Date and add to the screen making it required. You can delete the current system field. Thus, you can use this field for its intended purpose, for filters and display on cards, but at the same time have a suitable field format

The problem with deleting the field is that it is tied to a LOT of other projects and tasks that are not mine, so that's not an option.  If the system doesn't allow the ability to change the format of that field it's pretty ridiculous and one more thing that Jira is lacking to add to the list.

Yevhen Rohovets
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2019

In different projects? You can create a new scheme for your project with a new scheme with the new field)

In this way, you change only your project, and not affect other projects?

I need it in various projects, but not all.  Ilya's response took care of it!

Suggest an answer