Drop down Quick Filter

Is there a way to have a Quick Filter that's a dropdown of, for example, Components? This would be much nicer than adding a button for every component.

5 answers

More detail: During planning a product owner may want to quickly filter their view of the backlog by Component so they can find stuff to move to the top. I'd like to enable this w/o adding a button for every component.

Bonus: allow a quick filter on the Epic/Theme field so I can quickly filter the backlog to see only items tagged with a specific Epic.

Oh! In that case, use Card Colours for components and Epic support is rumoured to be coming soon.

Hi Jeff,

There is no ability to have a dropdown on the quick filters today. There is a story on the backlog for this, GHS-4735. Please watch that issue for progress.

Also, as John mentioned below, Epic support will be coming to Labs soon. Keep an eye out for that.

Thanks Jeff,
Nick Muldoon

The solution is to migrate or your Quick Filters into the Agile Board Filter add-on. Afterwards you'll get your Dropdowns :)

board filtering.png

Cheers

Przemyslaw

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

478 views 1 15
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot